Thursday 22 September 2011

Top 15 Best all Time Australian Music Hits

Australian Music at it's Best


G'day thanks for dropping by, here is a compilation of the 15 greatest all time Aussie music hits to entertain you. This was a tricky list to compile, I spent a lot of time deciding what to include and what to reject. Even sorting the final selection into an order was interesting.



I've settled on this list as I believe it best represents the music of Australia to a wider audience beyond Australia. If you're from overseas you should be familiar with many of these hits, although there will be a few you've likely never heard here too, I hope you enjoy listening to the short excerpts in this music video.

15 You're the voice - John Farnham

14 Reckless (don't be so) - Australian Crawl

13 What's my scene - Hoodoo Gurus

12 Holy grail - Hunters & Collectors

11 Take me back - Noiseworks

10 Need you tonight - INXS

9 Thunderstruck - AC/DC

8 Sounds of then (this is Australia) - GANGgajang

7 Beds are burning - Midnight Oil

6 Am I ever gonna see your face again - The Angels

5 You shook me all night long - AC/DC

4 Working class man - Cold Chisel

3 Great southern land - Icehouse

2 Downunder - Men At Work


1 Khe Sahn - Cold Chisel


Recommended Post Slide Out For Blogger